It’s rather unusual for us to try two new recipes in a week, let alone a single day! What can I say? It’s Christmas!
We had the most fantastic dinner this evening and I wanted to record the recipe since this is absolutely going to make it into our dinner rotation.
And of course, you may enjoy this recipe as well!
Cheese makes everything better!
And cooking always includes our Kitchen Helper! He wanted to know if dinner was ready yet…
Did I mention this was fantastic?!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 plain yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 ounces habanero pepper jack cheese – shredded
- In covered 5-quart pot, heat the quinoa per instructions on the package
- Add the broccoli florets, 5 minutes before the end of quinoa cooking time
- Cook until both are tender
- Drain quinoa
- Toss quinoa with the baby spinach, yogurt, crushed garlic, salt and pepper
- Spread in an oven safe skillet, and sprinkle with the habanero pepper jack cheese
- Broil on high for 3 minutes or until melted
Recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping magazine (January 2015).